We went back to Faith for a Sunday evening service. I was able to chat with a few more before the service. The lady behind me told me, "I'm glad you're back tonight. Do you think you'll start coming here?" I chuckled again at the thought, "I have been away a long time!" It's a very funny feeling to grow up in a church and school, get married at the church, move away, and then come back after years and not know many there. It's not a bad feeling, just a different one.
After the service we blitzed home to spend some of the evening with Dad and Cathy before having to head to bed. Another toy that they have is an X-box. Dillon and Colton had introduced Marshall and Shaylen to bowling. For many of you, I don't have to explain what an X-box is, but I know for others of you, I do. I certainly needed an explanation. It's a video game, but there are no controllers or joysticks. There is a sensor that can "see" your movements and base the game off of that.
Dad, Cathy, Marshall, Shaylen and I played bowling. This was fairly tame. Marshall did really well! But then, Dad & Cathy put in Field and Track. This started the hilarity. We laughed so hard. That is an understatement. I don't know what is more funny: watching someone play this game (running in place, jumping in place, throwing javelins in place, running marathons in place, etc.), or watching the character on the video game actually do what you are doing (falling, jumping, or not jumping hurdles, throwing javelins into the crowd, etc.). It was a wonderful and hilarious time.
No, there are NO pictures. Sorry, I was too busy holding my sides. I was laughing so hard it hurt!
No comments:
Post a Comment