A long, long time ago, a friend from church (Matt Dustin) gave Marshall a little Lego boat that he no longer played with. It was the basic shell of some kit, I'm assuming. Marshall caught the "Sailing Fever" from that moment on and that little boat has become one of his favorite Lego pieces. He builds and rebuilds ships, rafts, boats and ocean liners from that thing!
This has been a stepping stone to many other things with his imagination. I watched him one afternoon after school take all of the cushions off of the couch and build a nice, long "canoe" for him to sail on. He took his bat and used it as an oar. This kept him entertained for at least an hour before I had to interrupt and make him fulfill his other responsibilities for the day.
I love how my kids' imaginations work and I never tire of listening to them.
3 comments:
It sounds like he might be preparing to join in on a boy scout canoe trip in a few years!!
He's always had a wonderful imagination, and so does Boo. Very cool!
What!! Has he tired of airplanes???
It's nice that television and video games have not spoiled their imaginations. I'm glad that you limit the television avenue of entertainment for them. And...they probably don't even own a video game, right?? Good.
Post a Comment