Part of my reasoning behind taking the day off and picking apples was because in a journal entry (Spelling class), Shaylen had mentioned how wonderful it would be to go to a vendor (during Dover's Apple Harvest Festival) and purchasing a caramel apple. Our church participates in this every year and it's a great way to get the word out about our church. There are thousands of people that pour through downtown Dover! Unfortunately, the majority of things being sold are overpriced and it's hard to justify it when you're on a tight budget, right? My thought was, "Why not go apple picking and then make caramel apples at home?" So I did. We went apple picking, and then came home to make the caramel. I've seen my mom do it twice now, so I know it's time consuming, but I figured the end product would be delicious and cheaper than at the vendor's. Marshall ended up wanting his cut up because of a loose tooth, but the taste was just the same. Delicious!
(Note: You might have noticed that Shaylen's apple isn't on a popsicle stick. I have to admit that I realized too late that I hadn't gone up and gotten some out of my school supply drawer. I do think that the table knife proved a sturdier holder anyway. Regardless, it all got eaten.)




1 comment:
In the last picture of Marshall...did he eat all of the caramel off of his apple first. There wasn't any on the apple. Too funny. Yummy!!
Post a Comment