We were looking forward to Day Three for a while. We knew we wanted to take the kids somewhere for a picnic and we decided that the weather would be perfect on Wednesday for just that. We drove up to Cape Elizabeth to Ft. Williams. If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you know that this is the place where the Portland Head Light is located. The lighthouse is so beautiful and the grounds are meticulously maintained. We enjoyed a wonderful picnic and spent the remainder of our time there flying kites, playing boccie and reading.
Around dinner time, we drove in to South Portland and met Papa Mac at Cracker Barrell. It's been too long since we saw him last. We loved just sitting around the table and chatting. (It's times like that when I really miss my co-hort in crime, Mom Mac. She and I would always just roll our eyes at the terrible jokes Taigen and Papa would tell!) We enjoyed our time with Papa tremendously.
After dinner we headed over to Cornerstone Baptist Church and enjoyed being in their mid-week service and catching up with friends. We were invited to Coldstone Creamery by Pastor and Judy Endean after the service and we stayed there jabbering and laughing until after 10! We knew we would be exhausted the next day, but this was vacation! We could always sleep a little later, right?

1 comment:
I can't believe I missed you at church on Wednesday!!!! I was in the nursery, so I guess I didn't get out quickly enough.. I hope you had a GREAT 'stay-cation". It sounds like loads of fun.
Love to all, Lorna
Post a Comment