Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home Vacation - Day Four

Thursday was going to be rainy. At least that's what our Weather Channel app was saying, so we planned on an indoor activity. We decided to do something that the kids have never done before: bowling. We went to our local bowling alley. They have both candlepin bowling and (what I call) regular bowling, or ten-pin bowling. (Never heard of candlepin bowling? You have GOT to click on the link I provided and learn more! If you're ever in the area, you should try it. I'm thinking it's only in Canada and New England.)

Indeed, the weather was very rainy on Thursday so our planning was perfect. We all had a blast. Marshall and Shaylen not only loved bowling, but they loved the computer up above that would send some animated bowling pin across the screen doing crazy things after each turn. (Can you tell that they don't watch a bunch of TV?)

Of course, Taigen beat us all. Maybe I should have him try bowling left-handed for this as well as putt-putt, but it doesn't matter. We had a great time. The kids are eager to try their hand at it again someday. And that is exactly what we wanted: To create a vacation where family memories were made, using relatively little money, and just spending quality time together. Something we could do again...often.

No comments: