This past weekend was the annual Leadership Conference at Trinity Baptist Church in Concord, NH. We look forward to this every year. It's a great time for fellowship with people from all over New England and a wonderful opportunity to glean wisdom from preachers and fellow Christian workers. There are guest speakers for the two general sessions, and many different workshops to choose from during the two mini-sessions available in the morning. The church (Trinity) typically brings in guest musicians to do the special music, and every four years or so, they change things up by bringing in a speech person to do a dramatic presentation. This year, they brought in Jeff Stegall, a speech professor at BJU. He did a dramtic presentation chronicling the life of John Newton, known mostly for penning the words to "Amazing Grace." It was a moving presentation. Jeff did an amazing job.
Instead of having the home folks from Trinity fill in with the musical end of the program, they asked Taigen and me to do it! We were completely shocked and VERY honored. It didn't require much of us, just one duet in the morning general session and another one for the afternoon session. We haven't sung for this large a crowd (around 800-900 people) in years. We got together with Trinity's music pastor and wife on Monday to do dinner and then practice. We had a wonderful time! They are such dear, dear folks and we appreciate their years of ministry and sound wisdom.
Friday we drove over to Concord for the Pastors/Wives' Dinner and then rehearsed again in the big auditorium. It's a lot different singing in there. Saturday we arrived early and warmed our voices up a bit. I can honestly say that Taigen and I were very nervous. When we sang for the morning session, Taigen said his knees were shaking and I know my hands were shaking! It took a good five minutes after we were done before my hands finally steadied. God is good, though, and we were able to accomplish this very special ministry. It was an honor to sing in this way and I'm very thankful that I can serve alongside my husband with music.
1 comment:
And I will say it again, I loved hearing those beautiful voices once again! God has truly blessed you with a wonderful gift, and I, for one, thank you so much for sharing it with us!
Love to all,
Lorna :)
Post a Comment