Monday, November 9, 2009

Colon Dough

Taigen was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis shortly before the twins were born. The doctors were able to prescribe some medicines and it's been under control until just a few months ago. Who knows why it flared up, but Taigen adjusted his meds, followed dr's orders and its now under control again. However, just as a precaution, and because he was due for it soon anyway, the doctors wanted to do a colonoscopy.

Alas, tonight is the dreaded "prep night." Taigen told one of our families last night that he was going in for this procedure tomorrow. While we think they are a terrific family, one of the best out there, there is somewhat of a risk in telling them. A risk because they are HUGE practical jokesters. When the guys go golfing, there is always lots of smack-talking. You're also always on your guard during April Fool's Day, never knowing when something is going to happen. They're just that kind of family.

Sooooo, we were wary when they called a few minutes ago asking if they could stop by with "something for Pastor." We thought, "Oh boy. What is it going to be? Rid-X? Liquid Plumber?" We were already laughing and they hadn't even showed up yet!

When he walked into the door he had a covered refrigerator dish. Affixed to the top was this lovely poem:

The Pastor went in for a simple test,
Not knowing for sure if he'd later need rest.

They drugged him and prepped him, ready to go,
So when they got started,...what would it show?

The doctors were puzzled with a look on their face,
What could be wrong, everything was in place.

Finally they asked him, "You should be empty; what did you eat",
"We are seeing some food continue feet after feet."

"Oh that," he replied, "I do think I know,
My friends gave me mounds of cookie dough."

"I just could not help it; it was calling my name,
Now I am sorry and do feel...'some'...shame."

The test was then stopped; it could not be done,
Because Pastor had cookie dough, more than a ton.

And here's what was inside the container: Colon Cookie Dough!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud all by myself. I LOVE this family! And, you could use a good laugh!

xo Mom

Jennifer Arnold said...

So... are you going to bake them up and eat them to celebrate when it's all done?

I feel for you, Taigen. Been there. At least the worst part is over now. Hope everything comes out okay. ;o)

Anonymous said...

I will be praying that everything goes well. Love the poem that is was very creative, What did Marshall and Shaylen think about it?

Unknown said...

I know exactly the family you are speaking of! That is just too funny. They are such great friends to have. Praying everything goes well and with good test results.

Anonymous said...

GROOOOOOOOSS!!!!!
No,really I hope all goes well.We've "been there, done that" and its a relief once its over!
Love to all, Lorna :)

The Coffee Press said...

Bwa ha ha ha ha! I'm still chuckling! The kids, of course, didn't "get it." I don't think Taigen has any intention of baking it. Let's just hope he doesn't gorge on it and cause MORE bowel issues.

Thank you so much for your prayers. They are appreciated!

Stephanie said...

Steve says they did a great job! He got a good chuckle out of it too!

Mama Doux said...

Oh my word, that is so disgusting, but so funny! I am still laughing. Is there a way to get this on FB? You should. I know who you are talking about too, I think. What sweet friends you have. What a great church family! Hope you are feeling better, Taigen, and that the results were of a positive note. Love you, Hun.