It was good to get a full night's sleep again last night. Taigen made it home from Greenville, SC at around 8:00 last night. Why was he in SC? Well, he had the opportunity to go down and be on an ordination council of a friend from ME. He left at 3:30am on Saturday morning (or as Janelle says it, "o' dark thirty"). The kids and I held the fort for the past three days...and nights.I'm sure I've heard the bumps, snaps, pops and creaks of this house before when Taigen is home, but when you you're alone, it's another matter. You hear every one. I found myself saying, "Think on things that are true. Think on things that are true." (Philippians 4:8)
Taigen recently purchased a golf club with some Christmas money he'd saved. I think the name of it is "Big Bertha." Well, let's just say that Bertha and I spent the long nights together. I'm no Tiger Woods, but factoring in adrenaline, fear and motherly instincts, I think it's safe to say that any intruder would have a serious handicap after I got done with my swing.
10 comments:
Isn't it amazing what our minds can "cook up" when we let our imaginations run wild? I pity the poor soul who might try to intrude when you are the "Sole Protector"!!!!I love the new photos of the children. They are growing up way too fast.
Love to all, Lorna
Love that you had the golf clubs by your side. Was the bit about the "handicap" supposed to be a pun???? You're getting as bad as Taigen!
I have a can of pepper spray big enough to blind an elephant! lol Oh, and a pellet gun...but that is for the snakes. Andrew made sure it was all ready for me.
Glad no poor soul dared venture on to your property! :) LOve you!
It is amazing what our minds can conjur up! I'm with you, though. I know exactly where Matt keeps his softball bats and golf clubs just in case!!!
Oh! Our minds...they can play some nasty tricks. The amazing thing is, a mommy can hear so many things and a daddy can snore through it all!
I'm totally with ya (both about the crazy things we hear, and that daddy sleeps through it all!). Eric was just away for 9 days...yeah, NINE. Thankfully, my sister-in-law was here for most of the time, and between her and another friend, I didn't have to spend any nights alone. I'm not as brave as you are (but then we don't have any golf clubs)!
Cherith
Oh, and I meant to add that I saw Taigen while he was here...it was good to see him!
Cherith, "brave" and "Crystal" don't go together well! "Chicken" and "wild imaginations" probably do...hence the golf club and the repetitive quoting of Philippians 4:8! Ha!
Taigen mentioned that he saw you and you said hello! I'm sending hugs to you via the web.
Last week, Adam ,(almosr 4 yrs old) came downstairs around 10pm and told us there was a man upstairs talking to him. I made (more like begged) Buddy to check every nook and cranny, including the attic! (There actually was a story on our local news recently about a man who hid out in a lady's attic for a week before he was discovered!)
Okay, Becca...that's just plain freaky. What in the world was he talking about then if there was no man? The radio?
Maybe a better question to pose is: Did Buddy take a golf club with him?
I think he grabbed the baseball bat from our closet. I know he locked the attic door from the outside, too, cause he fessed that up to me. We think he had been sitting at the top of the stairs, and we had the t.v. on one of those 20/20 type investigative shows, so we "think" he heard the "voice" from the t.v. We have heard conversations over our baby monitor too, so anything is possible!
Post a Comment