Before Janelle left for Zambia, I gave her a missionary biography. She read it and then told me I could borrow it (Isn't she nice?).
I finally finished it last night (or maybe I should say "this morning") at around 1:30 a.m. It's entitled We Two Alone: Attach and Rescue in the Congo by Ruth Hege. This is an excellent book and was so challenging to me! Ruth's dependency on the Lord during her terrifying ordeal was a rebuking. Would I have responded in the same way?
If you get a chance to ever read this treasure, I highly recommend it. It's an easy read and is definitely hard to put down.
7 comments:
Just don't forget who it belongs to! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did as well.
This is something I am definetly going to see if the library has. I always looking for good fiction to read, thanks for the recommendation!
Wendy, it isn't fiction. It really happened. I have my doubts whether it would be in a public library, but I hope you can find it. Enjoy!
Thanks for the book review! I ordered 2 copies one for me and one for Beth for Christmas! When are we going to get together?
Hello Anonymous! Hee hee. I'm hoping you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm sure Beth will too. As for getting together, Monday is out. Are you coming to O.G. with the rest of us? Thursday, Friday and Sat. are out as well as we have two kids getting older and company coming in. Maybe not this next week, but the following? Dec. fills up fast in our household. I'll check my calendar.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
I found this at the local Portland Public library, I am planning on making a trip over there especially for this book. =)
Hoorah! To say I'm shocked is an understatement. I cannot believe a good missionary biography is in a public library. So glad you found one. Enjoy!
Post a Comment