Today Marshall, Shaylen and I went out shopping and also were able to pick up Taigen's prescription that was ready at Rite Aid. Shaylen had found a balloon in one store and thought she could take it home. I explained to her that it was not ours. She said, "But, it was on the floor!" I told her that we did not pay money for it and we must leave it where we found it. She said, "Maybe there will be one at The Christmas Tree Shop!"
There wasn't, and she told me so as we left the store. She was fine with that...much to my relief! She said to Marshall in the van, "Marshall, there were no balloons in that store. I would've held on to it tight!"
At Rite Aid, the pharmacist gave Marshall and Shaylen some M&M's and Kissables while we waited and even gave them some to take home for after lunch. What a special treat! They finished off their first packages in the van on the ride home.
When we got home I unloaded my treasures while they played. When we sat down to lunch, here is what Shaylen prayed. It is a hoot. It is so hard to not chuckle out loud.
"Dear Jesus, Thank you for this wonderful day. Thank you that we could go to two stores with no balloons because there weren't any. Thank you that Daddy's medicine was ready. Thank you that we could come home with special treats in the van. In Jesus' name. Amen."
I was rebuked that she remembered to thank the Lord for the little things. Don't we so often overlook them? Lesson learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment