Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Four Year Old Reasoning

Marshall and Shaylen's fourth birthday is only 8 days away. It is a huge milestone for them because it means that they will no longer be the nursery but going into Children's Church. They will be changing Sunday school classes, officially be in the kids' club at church (though they are already attending), and most importantly, sitting with me in the services on Sunday night.

I am trying to get them ready for this so that they know what we're expecting of them. As I was talking to them at breakfast this morning, I reminded them that they will be "big kids" once they turn four. We mentioned all of the things above and I reminded them that church is not a place to play or talk. It is a place to sit still and listen. Shaylen said, "If I need to talk to you, I need to whisper!" That's right!

I was talking to them about sitting still in the service and listening to Daddy preach from the Bible. I asked them why it was important to sit still and listen. I was hoping for the answer, "because we need to listen to the Bible" or "because God wants us to listen to Daddy preach."

Instead, Shaylen came up with this:

"Because it is impossible!"

1 comment:

js said...

hysterical! :) that is the truth in the mind of a 4 year old though.