Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Little Creativity--A Lot of Fun

We had a little fun preparing for Brenda yesterday. She was coming over for dinner again and the kids were so excited. I had added something special to the grocery list on Monday so that they could "help" me get ready for dinner.

Growing up, Mom used to always make something called Haystacks. They are relatively easy and fairly fool-proof. I decided to have the kids help me make these for dessert last night.

What you need:
1 carton chow mein noodles
1 pkg butterscotch baking chips
1 cup of peanuts

How to get it done:
In a large pan, melt the butterscotch chips on low. Once they are melted completely, add the chow mein noodles and peanuts. Place by spoonfuls onto wax paper (on a baking sheet) and then place in the fridge to harden. Try not to eat all in one sitting.

The kids enjoyed dumping, stirring and then plopping. It turned out to be a great activity for two 3 1/2 year olds.

1 comment:

Becbud said...

Oh Yum! I grew up on those, too! Great idea reminder for family fun night!