Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Dusting?



On Sunday night, the weatherman predicted a small chance of snow for us on Monday and that what snow we would get would probably be a dusting.

On Monday morning, I noticed that it had started snowing around 9:30. It was coming down pretty good. Ah! So there was the dusting. Only, this dusting lasted all day! In fact, I should have taken out stock in Pledge to take care of all the dust we got. About three inches of it.

On my way to the New England Rehabilitation Center to see Mrs. McIlwaine, I pondered the fact that weathermen make a pretty good living on being wrong. They can be wrong so often, and yet keep their jobs. In fact, they get paid regardless of how well they predict the weather. It gave me a good chuckle as I tried to navigate the treacherous roads. The speed limit on the turnpike is 65 and I was going 45 on the way and at times 25 on the way home. It was pretty bad.

In spite of my thoughts about weathermen, I was thankful for the mistake they made and the accumulation of snow I now have to look at from my front window. It is beautiful. I love how it makes everything sparkle and look fresh. I wish it would "dust" more.

One final note: You might notice the tracks in our yard. Our 7 year old neighbor has a pint sized snowmobile. Since school was delayed this morning, he was out having a ball. We don't mind this at all, especially since his daddy cleared our driveway too!

No comments: