Our winter so far has been relatively mild. There was a "blizzard" that blew through here at the tail end of December (which we watched from a very green and rainy Seattle). That still didn't leave us with the piles and piles of snow on the lawn and sides of the road that we are used to this time of year.
Finally this past Wednesday we got our snow. It started early in the morning at about 3am and continued on through the night. The snow totals varied, of course, from where you were, but Taigen guesses we got about ten inches! It was beautiful.
Now, some of you might be asking, "Do homeschoolers get snow days?" Well, since our commute is relatively short (out of the main part of the house, out into the garage and up fourteen stairs into the guest room) and never ices over or has drifting or accumulation issues (unless of course you count the accumulation of JUNK), we do school. I know, I know, I'm a "meanie" or a "slave-driver," but Marshall and Shaylen are not deprived nor dying. They still got plenty of time this last week for them to play to their hearts' content in the white stuff. They'll thank me come mid-May when Spring Fever has set on in full force and they're itching to play outside from sun up to sun down.
Thursday we had a blast in the snow! I piled the snow up high in the front yard. The kids patted it down. Then, I dug a wonderful little snow cave for them to climb in and out of. There's enough room in there for both of them to lay down. After we got done with the cave, the kids slid down some of the hills in the backyard. And when they got done sledding, we went tromping through the woods behind the house. We then went back to sledding, then back to the cave, and finally decided we were frozen enough to go inside and defrost. It was a glorious day full of great memories with my two favorite little people!




2 comments:
I love Shaylen's coat. :)
Great pics! You are such a wonderful photographer!!! Glad the kids had a fun day. Snow definitely makes winter more tolerable for the kiddos.
Post a Comment