Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dental Update

It was time again for the kids to head off to the dentist's office. Can you believe that six months have gone by? This year is flying! (Hard to believe that November is at the end of this week.)

Knowing that this appointment was coming, we started talking about it and praying about it with the kids. Marshall had been nervous the last time and ended up on Taigen's lap during the appointment (clearly his fear comes from his father...this writer NEVER feared the dentist's office.). We wanted them to plan on having a happy heart as they marched into the dentist's chair.

And happy they went! Praise the Lord! They both had a great check-up. In fact, they discovered that soon Shaylen will be getting two loose front teeth. She's not far from following in her brother's footsteps (hopefully getting her teeth out won't be quite the fiasco that it was with the Marsh-man). She's excited to use the small "treasure box" for her teeth. I think she's also excited to get money.

Other good news: Marshall's six-year molars are halfway in! We didn't even know it, but sure enough, there they were. He hasn't complained about it or said anything. It's dark back in there so we never even thought to take a closer look.

I didn't take the camera to the dentist's office, but I thought I'd get a picture of the kids in their jammies last night. I love how they snuggle up together when I say "smile!" They truly love each other, and that is a blessing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear their second visit went well.