This morning as we were preparing for church Shaylen brought up something from the day before."Mommy! Guess what? Yesterday I saw a caterpillar on the driveway."
"Oh, cool."
"Yeah, I didn't want it to get run over by the car, so I stepped on it and killed it."
Taigen and I tried to swallow our laughter. I about choked on my coffee. We have a policy in our household about killing and cruelty. A bug is fine, as long as it is outside. Call me a pacifist or whatever other name you want, but I'm trying to teach the kids to not just kill things just to kill. ANYway...
So I was trying to remind Shaylen about killing things that are outside. I said what I've said a dozen times before.
"You know, if the bugs are outside, that is their home. But if they are inside..." I waited for them to say, "It's okay to squish them."
But instead, Marshall pipes up, "They belong in the toilet!"
3 comments:
That is just what I needed this morning. A good snicker. Thanks for sharing!
That is funny! I love kid thinking! -space
Thanks for sharing that! I got a good laugh out of it. :)
Post a Comment