Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day Blizzard


Well, this is it. The much talked about and anticipated storm has arrived. What time it started snowing during the night, I don't know, but when Taigen's alarm went off this morning at 5:30, he flipped on the news. I was still in the Land of Nod so I didn't hear anything on TV, but what I did hear was him switching his alarm clock to "off" and settling back into bed. School had obviously been cancelled. Hooray! Pretty nice Valentine's Day gift, eh?

This storm is supposed to pack a punch. Before the day is over we are supposed to get anywhere between 10-15 inches of snow. Taigen is chomping at the bit to go out to the shed and get his snowblower, throw on his parka, Maine sugarin' hat, and plow the driveway. This doesn't sound thrilling to me, but I'm not a guy.
We are hunkered down, the house is warm and soon there will be a batch of cookies in the oven for the kids (all three: Marshall, Shaylen and Taigen). Services have been cancelled for tonight so we are anticipating a quiet night at home as a family.

No comments: