August 27th:On Saturday we had a garage sale. We had a great time and were able to get rid of some of the stuff that has been cluttering up our basement, shed and backyard. One of those items was a small portable playyard that someone had found on the sidewalk and thought of Marshall and Shaylen. Marshall and Shaylen had outgrown it and weren't playing with it anymore. Taigen sprayed it off and placed a $10 sticker on it. Soon, our neighbor was over with her little 9 month old, Ashley. She said, "Are you selling the playyard?" "Yes!""Sold! I have been wanting something like this for Ashley for a long time. She's not old enough yet, but she will be all too soon!"
When Marshall and Shaylen wanted to know why Taigen moved it to the neighbor's yard, we told them that it was now Ashley's.
So, Sunday morning we come out of the house to get into the van for church. Shaylen saw the playyard and said, "It's Eyelashes." I thought, "HUH?" So I asked her, "What did you say?""That's Eyelashes."Then I got it...Ashley's! We got a good laugh out of the confusion on Shaylen's part.
No comments:
Post a Comment